a) Pay the bills
b) Make eggs on toast for the EoMEoTE#6.
What is this tongue-twister ? Well, it is a really fun food-blog event and you may please toodle off to the ova-enthusiastic Cook Sister so she can tell you all about it.
Me, I am making Indian Railways Omelet Sandwiches for the event. Ok, it probably is not the most appetizing name ever given to a dish, but the honest truth is that I associate this sandwich with railway journeys. The Indian Railways are a truly amazing system of some 11,000 trains that run the length and breadth of the sub-continent, and they have catering services on most of them. I remember that this omelet sandwich was often sold on trains from Bombay to Pune. It is very filling and tasty. Here is the recipe for making two sandwiches.
Making the Indian-style Omelet
- Beat together 3 large eggs.
- Add half a minced onion, 1 tbsp milk/cream, 1 finely minced fresh chile pepper, 2 tbsp minced cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- Make 2 omelets using this mixture.
Assembling the sandwiches
- Liberally butter 4 slices of bread.
- Fill each pair of bread slices with sliced tomatoes, folded omelets and a slice of cheese, if desired.
- Serve with ketchup and a cup of steaming hot chai.